Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Saying “Oh my God,” and other naughty pleasures.

As I sat at my desk, trying not to think about the absolute fucking mountain of work I have to do, my boss called. She had yet one more thing in mind that maybe, if I have time, I could squeeze in.

“Oh my god!” I said, with pain in my voice.

Now of course, I am going to do the project. I am fairly high level administrator at a college, yet I do as I am told.

But, the point of this post was the giddy pleasure I had as I said “Oh my god.” I know it may seem crazy. It is just that since I was a Mormon for over thirty years, and taking the name of god in vain was a sin practically next to murder. And it feels absolutely and freakishly good to say it (and be normal.)

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?